Monday, November 24, 2008

"I pledge allegiance to the flag..."

The other night I was cooking dinner when I heard Mary yelling at Amelia in the family room. "Nana (her name for Amelia)...hand...heart," She screamed over and over. When I got a chance to walk away from the stove, I looked around the corner to find this...




(Sorry the picture is kinda bad... I took it from my cell phone)

Mary had gotten our outside flag from behind our front door and gave to Amelia. She was telling her to put her hand over her heart to say the Pledge of Allegiance. She was so serious about it! I even made out the word "America" in her babbling of the pledge. I had to laugh at her intensity... she was very serious about it. I grabbed my cell phone to take a picture to show Jeremy, being Military and all, I knew he would appreciate it. He was pleased with his daughter's patriotism... never mind that it is the wrong hand on her heart and that she apparently decided that she didn't need to wear pants and took them off while I was preoccupied with dinner.

5 comments:

Alyson said...

How patriotic!!! Thats adorable!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO cool! Well think of it this way, taking off her pant is good OT practice!

Joanna said...

I love this! SO cute Mary!

Wendy said...

That is so great! Love it!!!!!

Our Story: Continued said...

What a sweet moment!!