Myth: People with Down syndrome have a short life span.
Truth: Life expectancy for individuals with Down syndrome has increased dramatically in recent years, with the average life expectancy approaching that of peers without Down syndrome.
Myth: Most children with Down syndrome are born to older parents.
Truth: Most children with Down syndrome are born to women younger than 35-years-old simply because younger women have more children. However, the incidence of births of children with Down syndrome increases with the age of the mother.
** I turned 26 years old the month after Mary was born. I was 28 when I had Amelia.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey lady, I tagged you on my adoption blog. :) That'll give ya something to blog about. :)
LOL Did ya fall off the 31 for 21 bandwagon? :)
Ahem....Since one tag wasn't enough, I tagged you too. :)
Maybe TWO tags will get your blogging booty into gear. ;)
Post a Comment