
So Amelia is now 19 months old... I can't believe it! A lot has happened since I posted back in November. Amelia is such a joy! She is silly and loves her sister so much. She copies everything she does... I haven't decided if that is going to be a good thing or a bad thing, yet. She is not yet walking, but loves to stand and walk with support. She is crawling around everywhere, but still has her easy going personality so we haven't had any traumatic experiences with her new found mobility. Gross motor is definitely her weakness, which is very hard to get used to after Mary who was and is so physical. Amelia has great fine motor...I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be my artist. She can feed herself with a spoon and drink from a cup, but has major feeding issues and won't eat anything hard (with the exception of puffs.) Ironically she has a great pincer grasp and has been able to pick up little tiny pieces of food since she was very little, but spits it out in disgust if it ever makes it to her mouth.

Okay now on to her real strength... Communication. She is such a talker! She signs a lot, but is very verbal. I won't list all of her signs and words, because she adds more to the list every day. At her last speech evaluation, which is based on a score of 100 being the average score for a typical child, Amelia scored 120 on her receptive language (meaning what she can understand) and 110 on her expressive (meaning what she can express.) So my Down syndrom little girl scored an average score of 115, which is above average for the typical child! She constantly amazes us! Amelia loves playing with "Little People" and baby dolls ("baba") and loves going to her Kindermusik class.

She loves Elmo ("Elbo") and bathtime ("bash") She is sooo tiny! She weighs only 20 lbs and can fit into most 12 month outfits. She is a little peanut! She may be short, but she makes up for it... she has some "junk in the trunk" to put it nicely. Recently before bathtime Jeremy decided to sit her on the potty. Two things suprised us... One, her bottom was so big that he didn't have to hold her on the potty! Two, she actually peed! She looked down as she started to go, then looked up in suprise, and then she clapped and squeeled for herself! It was so cute! Now every night before bathtime we sit her on the potty and she goes. It saves us from bathing her and Mary in pee-water. I could write so much more about how much I love Amelia and how much joy she brings to our family, but I will spare you the novel. Thanks for all of you who have made it through this long post. Thanks for letting me share with you a little bit about my sweet little girl!
15 comments:
we're so proud of you girlie!! and i can't believe she's already figuring out the potty thing, that's so early! And, about the talking, well, i can't say if that comes from her mama or her daddy b/c yall both are big talkers, lol! so, lets just say she gets it honest!
She is so cute- what's not to love?! Though you didn't mention those pigtails which are absolutely adorable!
Okay, don't know how I have missed you! My Ella is just about right in the middle of your girls, her b-day is 8/30/06. I am SO impressed with Amelia's talking, that is awesome. Ella is finally starting to talk, speech has always been my worry. Anyhow, I will definetly be back! Oh by the way do you guys live in GA? I saw the thing with your husband and the UGA stuff. Okay that's enough : )
What a joy to read!!! I love her so much!!! I want to see you soon!!!
Aww, wonderful update! I have wondered how your two sweeties are. Sounds like loads of fun!
Mayson is sitting her smiling at your girls!!!bysx\xfdx,y;c,cx;¥˚clfv oops.. like i said she is sitting here!! I love your girls!
Yeah for Millie... She is getting so big and i am soooo excited she is finally movin and a groovin... Yeah for the potty... I have always loved that 1st moment that they realize something comes out of them... of course Hannah screamed and said she was dying because her "gina" fell off... LOL.... so exciting...
Oh Im so happy to see how beautiful and how well is Amelia growing!
hugs from mexico
You know I love her so no need for me to go into details! I do need to meet Mary so I can fall in love with her as much as Amelia. One day it WILL happen...lol
YAY!!! They are growing up so fast! I'm so proud of her sitting (and PEEING) on the potty--Abby will have NOTHING to do with it. She is TERRIFIED of the potty. Oh well......
YAY!!! look at her on the potty, what a big girl!!! She has the best mommie :)
Thanks for stopping by. You have such a beautiful family! I loved to hearing how beautiful Amelia is doing on her communication. My youngest, at 9 months, is very talkative, I hope that she can have as great as progress as Amelia is having!
Stop in anytime!
You have 2 of the most beautiful baby girls...thank you for your comment on my blog. It is always nice to meet someone LDS outside of Utah and to have been blessed not once but twice with our heavenly fathers most beloved...wow HE must love you very much to have blessed you with 2 times His love...
WOW what little angels! I have a 2 year old with DS and just found your blog....I love getting to know new people through blogging! Hopefully we can keep in touch!
oh I was wondering if you cared if I put your blog on mine as a link?
Post a Comment