Thursday, February 21, 2008

Baking...



First off, let me start by saying that I am a horrible baker! I am a good cook, but I don't have the patience for all of the measuring and the mess that comes with baking. Mary and I decided to bake cookies... from scratch. Well everything seemed to go well. We made a mess of course, but doing anything in the kitchen with a toddler usually ends up messy. So I put the cookies on a pan and put them in the oven. They looked and smelled good. Well, as soon as I took them out my big, fluffy cookies melted to a pool on the pan.
I couldn't even get them up. They were crusted to the cookie sheet and I had to scrape them off with a knife after they cooled!! Hmmm... what did we leave out? Not enough Flower? Well, luckily Jeremy is an excellent baker and worked his magic with the remaining batter and we ended up with a few descent cookies. Needless to say Mary and I will be baking from a premade mix next time or maybe she'll be baking with daddy! Atleast we had fun making them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rebecca said...

My cookies are always flat! i don't know why. i use premade :)

Jaime said...

so cute! at least it was fun for her!