Friday, July 9, 2010

Life.

So, usually I just post updates or a quick cute story of the girls, but both girls are actually asleep. I am sitting on the front porch enjoying the hot, but breezy and bearable weather and something crazy happened... I had time to think. Not about what is for dinner or who made who cry and why, but about deeper more meaningful things. That may seem scary to some, but usually when this happens (on rare occasions) I realize how truly happy I am with my life. We went to the pool today, which both girls absolutely love and they passed out asleep on the way home. Days like this remind me of my childhood. We had a neighborhood pool just a few houses down from mine and every summer was spent at the pool...hanging out with friends from early afternoon till dinner. I remember the 80's pop songs that used to echo over the speaker and the sound of kids laughing and water splashing - one reason I will always love cheesy 80's music. Such carefree days. I never would have imagined I would be where I am now. From the outside it may look like we are so far from the "typical" 30-something family, but really I have all I ever wanted. An amazing husband who provides for his family in every way and whose love for them could never be doubted. He is strong physically and spiritually and serves his country, his church, his family, and his community. I have two beautiful, bright daughters who fill our home with laughter and love. They love life, love learning, and amaze us everyday. They each take after their parents in very different and obvious ways. I am they "typical" mom who's the chaufer, the chef, the nanny, and a teacher, but still have time to be me. To create, to dream, and to enjoy every little detail of my non-typical life.

4 comments:

Amy Flege said...

great post Jamie!! so blessed!

Jaime said...

beautifully put!

Tina said...

You have the 2 most gorgeous little girls, so glad you are back to blogging! I look forward to following you on your journey.

Wendy said...

I love you and I think you're awesome!!! Such a great mom and friend!!