This past week we have been out of school for Spring Break. Ahh, a week to relax and do nothing. Yeah, right! We started off our week with Jeremy being at Reserves all last weekend. The girls and I left Sunday afternoon for Chattanooga. Monday we spent with Aunt Julie at Cooledge Park by the River. Mary ran around, rode her bike a little, and rode the Merry-go-round. Mary Loved it! Amelia enjoyed running around, but wasn't too impressed with the Merry-go-round. Then it was out to dinner with Grammy and Julie. Mary was a nightmare and wouldn't sit in her chair or eat. Just tired and out of routine, I think, but still stressful. Tuesday we went to The Aquarium with Grammy. Mary was a little nervous about getting too close to anything, but still had a good time. Amelia, my lover of anything living, had a blast!! She tried to climb into the sting ray pool to catch one. She picked up a butterfly in the butterfly house and much to my suprise it actually survived. She reached into the sturgeon tank to pet one, but her little arms were too short. Funny how different they are and how much they enjoy different things. (I'll add a few pics soon.)
We left Wednesday and headed straight to Scottish Rite for Pre-op for Amelia's surgery (tubes.) Luckily both girls behaved like angels, even with no lunch. They were delighted to see Daddy when they got home and spent lots of time playing. Thursday we had a playdate with Mary's good friend, Abby.
Friday morning Amelia and I left the house at 5am for the hospital. Surgery went well and now my sweet girl finally has fluid-free ears for the first time in her life. Yay!!
We are back to school on Monday, but the craziness doesn't stop. Mary's Kindergarten IEP is on Tuesday and I have a yard sale in the works, a DS meet-up at my house, tonsilectomy for Mary in a couple of weeks, and of course lots of therapies. Geesh! I can't wait for Summer!! Hopefully things will finally slow down!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
your girls are getting so big!! glad amelias tubes went ok. hope marys surgery goes ok for her! hugs!
Busy busy!!
I'm glad surgery went well!
We need to get together and catch up!!!
Post a Comment