Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amelia's first steps...

This video was taken a few weeks ago and now Amelia has taken up to 4 steps. She is really starting to get motivated to get on her feet and move. She can stand forever and can even dance and drink while standing. It's getting her to remove the cement from the bottom of her shoes and actually pick them up to take a step that is difficult. Just this week I figured out the trick... she LOVES to be chased! If I pretend to "get" her she will run to whatever is nearest to her. She is still not the gross-motor driven child that Mary is and I am pretty sure she never will be (thank goodness), but she is at least finally finding her desire to move. She is very pleased with herself as am I. She just turned 22 months (the average age for a child with DS to walk is 2), so she is right on track. Way to go my big girl... I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How exciting! I would say I can't wait for Ava to walk, but it's so sad to see your baby all grown up. Somebody make them stop growing!

alicia said...

felicidades!!!

Bethany said...

LOL Yay Amelia! That last pic in the montage is hysterical! Love her!