I rarely, well I guess I should say never, have time to paint or draw for fun, but on occasion I get an excuse to take time out and actually complete a picture. Justin (Jeremy's brother) got married on Saturday May 24th. As a wedding gift I gave them a portrait done in chalk pastels. With my crazy schedule I only had three days to work on it and only a few hours each day, but with Jeremy's help with the kids I finished it on time for the wedding. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it before we got it framed, so there is a glare from the glass which makes it hard to see the detail. Anyways, I am pretty happy with it. I am my worst critic and can always find things to fix. Maybe one day in the distant future I will have the time to actually devote to art and be able to improve myself like I'd like to. For now it's nice to have a reason to sit down and draw or paint.
Justin and Becky Tryon

8 comments:
That looks amazing! Even in the frame you can see it.
good job!
BEAUTIFUL! I love it and I'm sure they did too! 3 days?!!! You're even more amazing then I thought!
WOW>>>>>>>>> I don't know what else to say...
I love how candid it looks, like they are just cozy together. great job!!
What a wonderful gift! It looks great.
I am with Cheril, WOW.........i am speechless..........
You are so super talented! Love it!!
How did I not know you had a blog?!?! LOL That picture is amazing .. you are so talented!
Post a Comment