Saturday, January 19, 2008

My little smarty pants!

I am so proud of my girl! Mary's at home therapy services end when she turns 3 (in Feb.) From here on out she will recieve services through the public school system by attending a special needs preschool. Before that can happen she had to be evaluated by a Speech therapist, a psychologist and the head of the school. To qualify for services children need to be delayed 1 deviation in 2 areas or 2 deviations in 1 area. Anyways, Mary is extremely shy and does not do pet tricks at all. I was so afraid that she would just turn away and say no to everything that they asked her to do. Boy, did she prove me wrong!! She was on her game and was talking and doing everything that they wanted. She even did some stuff that I didn't know she could do!! She grouped things in correct categories (i.e. things that fly) I was floored! The psychologist said at the end of the testing that Mary did very well and that I was going to need to send in a doctor's dx, because he didn't think she would qualify for services with out it (meaning she is not delayed enough, but because she has Down Syndrome they will be able to still give her therapy). I was so proud of her! She has also had a huge jump in communicating and is talking in 2 and 3 word sentences. My baby constantly amazes me!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yippeee! Go Mary!! Congrats, love that the hard work you put into it all is really worth it!! Mommy Payday for you!!

Rebecca said...

Hey go to my page, I tagged you!